You read it right! The classic games Carmen Sandiego and The Oregon Trail will be soon launched on Facebook. The Oregon Trail in February the 2nd and Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego? in February the 11th.
YouTube videos are nice, but when you find a special one, wouldn’t you like to keep it? Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can save YouTube videos to your computer, one of them being through the use of Web browser extensions. Here you will learn about about downloading YouTube videos: the 10 extensions you’ll need to get the job done are listed below.
1. Easy YouTube Video Downloader (Firefox) – this free Firefox add-on is promoted as the easiest video downloader extension ever. This utility supports FLV, 3GP, MP3, and MP4 formats and is fully compliant with 720p and 1080p high definition videos. Add this to Firefox by visiting the add-ons Web site and then clicking the “Add to Firefox” button.
2. YouTube Downloader (Chrome) – a basic YouTube downloader for Chrome. To install it, just visit the Web site for the extension and click the “Add to Chrome” button. When you click to download, the extension will prompt you for the video quality that you want.
3. YouTube Downloader for IE (Internet Explorer) – with all the attention focused on Firefox and Chrome these days, it’s easy to forget that there are add-ons available for Internet Explorer too. To use this add-on you need to paste in the URL of the video you want to download. You can also choose to convert to other formats (such as mobile) so you can bring your videos with you on your phone.
4. Fast YouTube Search (Chrome) – let’s you access YouTube with just a single click to help you find videos that interest you. This convenient and powerful extension saves time and gives you more enjoyment in YouTube. This is a free extension for Chrome.
5. NetVideoHunter Video Downloader (Firefox) – a Firefox add-on that works with more video sites than just YouTube including Google Video, Metacafe, MySpace Music, and other. The default settings of this utility download videos in the best quality available.
6. SmartVideo (Chrome) – a utility that provides “smart” buffering that improves the quality and performance of the YouTube videos you watch. This is especially good for those with slower Internet connections. This free extension for Chrome also supports automatic looping and quality selection.
7. YouTube Search (Internet Explorer) – allows you to highlight text in a Web page and automatically search for related YouTube videos. To install this, click the orange “Add to Internet Explorer” button at the add-on’s Web site.
8. YouTube2Mobile (Chrome) – a Chrome extension that will allow you to download videos for use on your mobile device via Bluetooth, or memory card.
9. Ultimate YouTube Downloader (Firefox) – this plugin downloads YouTube videos in MP4, FLV, and 3GP formats via a simple Firefox interface. With this add-on, you don’t have to worry about taking extra steps to format your video for your mobile device or other application because the file conversion is processed on the fly as you download.
10. Download YouTube Videos + (Firefox) – uses both a browser button and a toolbar button to give you access to easy YouTube downloads. It also has a Bing search function and buttons for Facebook and StumbleUpon to give you was access for sharing. You can download in a ton of formats too (mp4,wmv, flv, ram, mpg, movie, divx, rbs, avi, mov, asf, and others), giving you great flexibility to accommodate your purpose. Also, this screen shot has an integrated screen shot feature.
Don’t forget these powerful tools when downloading YouTube videos: the 10 extensions you’ll need are all right here so get started now.
Released this week, Google Instant is a new search mode that shows results as you type what you are looking for. This functionality is already available for Google’s domains US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia.
If you’re not located in these countries, stay tuned. Google will be spreading it to the rest of the world very soon. But, even tough, you can already try it out for yourself, no matter where you are. Hit the button below and you’ll be redirected to Google’s global domain (.com). Then you’ll be able to follow this guide.
So, let’s get started. Google Instant search is only possible because of its 15 new technologies used in it. So to start using Google Instant, you’ll first need to have a decent and updated web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer. If you don’t, please update or download a new one, you’ll be doing a good thing for web developers too.
To know if you are really on Google Instant, you’ll notice that Google’s logo is bigger, or you can just try typing anything. As you type, the results page will automatically load, not needing to hit the “Search” button or even “Enter” from your keyboard.
In my opinion this is the best creation of the year from Google. Don’t you think? According to them, Google Instant can save 2-5 seconds per search, that’s 11 hours saved for second in the hole world!
Just in case you don’t want to change the way you search right now, you can simply turn off Google Instant in your Google Account’s Preferences page.
Feel free to leave a comment below! I’ll try to reply to all of them as soon as possible. 😀
Having different accounts on Google and want to stay logged in all of them at same time is impossible if you use the same browser. That happens because Google automatically identifies whether any Google Account is already opened and begins to use the same login on all its pages that are open later. However, this is about change.
A new feature that allows multiple Google accounts logged at the same time can already be tested. And, unlike what happens today, an account does not interfere with each other, being unnecessary the need to use different browsers for different logins.
For now, the new feature is limited and only supports Google Calendar, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Reader, Google Sites and Google Code. According to Google, if the user wants to use services that do not supports multiple accounts yet, you must log out of service and login in with the account you want.
The innovation is only available for a limited number of users yet. Check it out if you are able to use it accessing your Google Account settings. If not already, stay tuned. Soon all users will be able to use simultaneous logins.
Life In A Day is a historic global experiment to create the world’s largest user-generated feature film: a documentary, shot in a single day, by you. On July 24, you have 24 hours to capture a glimpse of your life on camera. The most compelling and distinctive footage will be edited into an experimental documentary film, executive produced by Ridley Scott and directed by Kevin Macdonald.
For more information, visit youtube.com/lifeinaday.