You read it right! The classic games Carmen Sandiego and The Oregon Trail will be soon launched on Facebook. The Oregon Trail in February the 2nd and Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego? in February the 11th.
YouTube videos are nice, but when you find a special one, wouldn’t you like to keep it? Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can save YouTube videos to your computer, one of them being through the use of Web browser extensions. Here you will learn about about downloading YouTube videos: the 10 extensions you’ll need to get the job done are listed below.
1. Easy YouTube Video Downloader (Firefox) – this free Firefox add-on is promoted as the easiest video downloader extension ever. This utility supports FLV, 3GP, MP3, and MP4 formats and is fully compliant with 720p and 1080p high definition videos. Add this to Firefox by visiting the add-ons Web site and then clicking the “Add to Firefox” button.
2. YouTube Downloader (Chrome) – a basic YouTube downloader for Chrome. To install it, just visit the Web site for the extension and click the “Add to Chrome” button. When you click to download, the extension will prompt you for the video quality that you want.
3. YouTube Downloader for IE (Internet Explorer) – with all the attention focused on Firefox and Chrome these days, it’s easy to forget that there are add-ons available for Internet Explorer too. To use this add-on you need to paste in the URL of the video you want to download. You can also choose to convert to other formats (such as mobile) so you can bring your videos with you on your phone.
4. Fast YouTube Search (Chrome) – let’s you access YouTube with just a single click to help you find videos that interest you. This convenient and powerful extension saves time and gives you more enjoyment in YouTube. This is a free extension for Chrome.
5. NetVideoHunter Video Downloader (Firefox) – a Firefox add-on that works with more video sites than just YouTube including Google Video, Metacafe, MySpace Music, and other. The default settings of this utility download videos in the best quality available.
6. SmartVideo (Chrome) – a utility that provides “smart” buffering that improves the quality and performance of the YouTube videos you watch. This is especially good for those with slower Internet connections. This free extension for Chrome also supports automatic looping and quality selection.
7. YouTube Search (Internet Explorer) – allows you to highlight text in a Web page and automatically search for related YouTube videos. To install this, click the orange “Add to Internet Explorer” button at the add-on’s Web site.
8. YouTube2Mobile (Chrome) – a Chrome extension that will allow you to download videos for use on your mobile device via Bluetooth, or memory card.
9. Ultimate YouTube Downloader (Firefox) – this plugin downloads YouTube videos in MP4, FLV, and 3GP formats via a simple Firefox interface. With this add-on, you don’t have to worry about taking extra steps to format your video for your mobile device or other application because the file conversion is processed on the fly as you download.
10. Download YouTube Videos + (Firefox) – uses both a browser button and a toolbar button to give you access to easy YouTube downloads. It also has a Bing search function and buttons for Facebook and StumbleUpon to give you was access for sharing. You can download in a ton of formats too (mp4,wmv, flv, ram, mpg, movie, divx, rbs, avi, mov, asf, and others), giving you great flexibility to accommodate your purpose. Also, this screen shot has an integrated screen shot feature.
Don’t forget these powerful tools when downloading YouTube videos: the 10 extensions you’ll need are all right here so get started now.
Watch out iPad! Google is coming, and it’s coming fast!
Samsung Galaxy Tab, that’s the name of the newest Android 2.2 tab powered device. It has a 7″ multi-touch WSVGA (1024×600) display, 1.06Ghz processor, 3.0MP camera with LED flash, GPS, Full HD Video Player, Video recorder (720×480) and Flash Player Support.
Life In A Day is a historic global experiment to create the world’s largest user-generated feature film: a documentary, shot in a single day, by you. On July 24, you have 24 hours to capture a glimpse of your life on camera. The most compelling and distinctive footage will be edited into an experimental documentary film, executive produced by Ridley Scott and directed by Kevin Macdonald.
For more information, visit youtube.com/lifeinaday.